Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ais on ES 12 and i 70s
03-26-19, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-19 12:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ais on ES 12 and i 70s
I am running a ES 12 chart plotter with a seatracer AIS transponder. This works transmits and recieves perfectly on the plotter. However i cannot get any ais information on the i70. I saw a thread that stated the plotter does not send any information to the backbone from the ais. If this is the case will the system work if the ais is on a dropper to the back bone and not into the plotter. Or is there another solution that you know of.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-19, 12:52 PM
RE: [CA11] Ais on ES 12 and i 70s
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum huggs,

If seeking to have both the eS-Series MFD and i70S/i70 MFID display AIS information, the AIS receiver/transceiver should be disconnected from the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface and must instead be interface to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the AIS transceiver not feature a SeaTalkng / NMEA 0183 communications interface, then a 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS, etc.) must be installed between the 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 output port of the AIS transceiver and a spur port within the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Please additionally note that unless the system features source of heading data (ex. autopilot, AR200, etc.), then the i70S/i70 MFIDs will be unable to display AIS data until underway and making way (SOG > 2kts) so as to produce a valid course over ground (COG).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply