Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Voyage Planner
04-03-19, 10:57 AM
RE: [CA11] Voyage Planner
viben,

Q1. In fact, I did the same thing last night and found that KML to KMZ in Google Earth does the trick.
A1. Noted and as suspected.

Q2. Instead, it sorts the waypoints by character/digit, ie. WP 1, WP 10, WP 11, WP 12, ..., WP 19, WP 2, WP 20, WP 21 on so on.
A2. This is normal and as expected. Within the Waypoint list, waypoint names are not sorted numerically within the MFDs or within Voyage Planner. Waypoint names are sorted by their based upon the characters within the waypoint's name.

Q3. Therefore, when using the Select Folder Items function to drag and drop the waypoints to create a new route, the new route follows that irrational sorting and end up zig-zagging from WP 1 to 10, from WP 19 via WP 2 to WP 20 and so on.
A3. I found no issue when testing the drag feature to drag feature to drag a waypoint into the waypoint list of a two point route (linking the starting point to the ending point) which had been previously created. The dragged waypoints appear within the route, not based on name, but upon the position within the route's waypoint list where the waypoint was dragged. Should you have any additional issues with using this feature, I recommend that you contact our product support team at 603.324.7900 M-F 0815-1700 to discuss the issue.

This said, should the route have been developed on your iPad using the Boating app, exported to a KML file, converted to a KMZ file (import into Google Earth Pro, exported from Google Earth Pro to a KMZ file), and then imported into Voyage Planner, then the route and its waypoints should be correctly imported, making any such drag operations unnecessary unless seeking to add additional waypoints to the route.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-19, 03:17 PM
Hi Chuck,

One quick follow up question:

Now that we have found a solution to the route importation issue, could you please let me know whether or not it is possible to export a number of different routes together as one combined archive.fsh file?

In the past, I gone through the process of exporting each route separately, which is a lot of work, including renaming each one manually once installed on the plotter.
04-04-19, 09:55 AM
Viben,

It is indeed possible to export multiple routes from Voyage Planner to an Archive.fsh. Within the Routes list, simply right click on each route to be exported and select Export from the displayed right mouse menu. Each time that this action is performed the actioned route will be added to the Routes tab of the Transfer Container - Export dialog. After all desired routes have been added to this dialog, perform a right mouse click on any route within the Routes tab of the Transfer Container - Export dialog and then choose Select All from the right mouse menu displayed. Finally, the command sequence Export File As->File On Disk->Raymarine Format (.FSH) may be used to save an Archive.fsh file containing all selected routes (as well as the associated waypoint) onto the CF memory card which will be used to transfer the data.
04-04-19, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-19 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you, Chuck. That's good news.

Will the E90W treat the archives.fsh file as a "folder" containing separate routes that can be brought up and displayed individually at various times based on their specific names, or will it bring them all up together when opening the archives.fsh file?
04-04-19, 02:40 PM
Viben,

Q. Will the E90W treat the archives.fsh file as a "folder" containing separate routes that can be brought up and displayed individually at various times based on their specific names, or will it bring them all up together when opening the archives.fsh file?
A. The MFD will only display and navigate routes which have been imported into its memory. As Archive.fsh file may contain up to 50 routes. When importing routes from the Archive.fsh file, the operator will be provided the option to import all routes within the Archive.fsh file or routes selected by the user. All waypoint and route names are preserved when the routes are imported ... unless a waypoint or route of the same name already exists within the MFD's memory. Should should this occur, the operator will be offered the opportunity to overwrite waypoints or routes with the information being import, or to create waypoints or routes having slightly modified names.
04-09-19, 01:34 PM
Well, nothing seems to run smoothly for me. Sorry about being such a nuisance...

I have erased all old routes, tracks and waypoints from the plotter in order to prevent possible problems.

However, when I import the archive.fsh file I created, containing 24 routes, the plotter only picks a few of the routes and the waypoints don't match the original routes.

So, to check the archive.fsh file, I re-import it into Voyage Planner and see that all the routes in that file have double the waypoint number than the original routes have.

Checking the waypoints folder confirms this.

Please see the attached screenshots for illustration.

What happened? What did I do wrong?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-09-19, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-19 03:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Viben,

Many of the routes listed within your first screen snapshot contain too many waypoints for an E-Series Widescreen MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing waypoint, route, and track constraints for the E-Series Widescreen MFDs and the Archive.fsh files used by these MFDs.