Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Suncover for Axiom XL 16"
03-26-19, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-19 02:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Suncover for Axiom XL 16"
My Axiom XL 16" comes with a flat silicon suncover. It is different from the smaller Axiom that has a hard cover that fits perfectly on the screen. The flat silicon suncover has no edges and I can't make it stick on the screen. It always slides down. Any clue on how to make it stick? Is there any other cover I can buy separately that fits on the edges of the screen? Worried because of the sun heat directly on the screen.
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-19, 02:58 PM
RE: [CA11] Suncover for Axiom XL 16"
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum XandeGuedes,

It is possible that the surface of the suncover has retained some of the oils used in the production of the suncover. In such situations, it is recommended that the suncover be washed in warm soapy water, rinsed in clean fresh water, and then dried with a clean cloth before applying to the MFD's screen.
08-16-19, 09:54 AM
I've tried many many times, washed with soap, but there's no way to stick the silicon cover on the screen. Is there any spare rigid cover I can buy separately? I'm really concerned about direct sunlight on the screen.
08-19-19, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 02:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
We're sorry to learn of that the recommendation provided within my initial response did not work for your system as it has for others. Raymarine has received similar reports and is currently developing alternative cover designs for the Axiom XL MFDs. At this time Raymarine has not announced when the new covers will be introduced. At such time, as this does occur, an announcement will be posted within this forum and to this thread.
04-27-20, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-20 07:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Please tell us you are still working on this ...
04-29-20, 07:50 AM
msubaru,

Indeed Raymarine continues to work on replacement suncovers. Unfortunately, the prototypes suncovers received only a couple of weeks ago from the manufacturer did not pass testing and will require further design changes / refinement. Please accept our apologies for the delay in production of replacement suncovers.