Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Poor Chart performance Navionics Platinum+
03-27-19, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-19 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Poor Chart performance Navionics Platinum+
I have an ES128 with a Navionics Platinum+ chart card. Love the detail, but it off doesn't perform well. When I attempt to zoom or back out of the chart, the chart disappears and a timer icon shows up and grinds away for sometimes up to a half a minute, or more, but always at least 10-15 seconds. It does the same thing when I change autopilot states (track, auto, standby). Is there something wrong with my installation? Should I look at another brand of detailed charts?

Everything else on the system works perfectly. Network diagram attached.

David

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-19, 09:13 AM
RE: [CA11] Poor Chart performance Navionics Platinum+
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

The symptoms reported are quite atypical of the response times which one would typically encounter with a range or pan operation with these MFDs. The first step to ensuring proper performance of the system is to ensure that the MFD is operating with the final LightHouse II software update (v19.03). If so and given that you are also experiencing issues with the Autopilot Controls feature, then would be recommended that the the MFD's settings, waypoints, routes, and tracks be backed up. After doing so, it would be recommended that a System Settings & Data Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS & DATA RESET) be commanded to address the reported issue. Additionally, if not intending to send sonar logs to Navionics, it is recommended that the Sonar Logging feature (MENU->PRESENTATION->DEPTHS & CONTOURS->SONAR LOGS) be disabled from within the Chart application. Should the problem persist after having performed the recommended actions listed above, then it would be recommended that the MFD along with the Navionics Platinum+ chart card (the chart card may also be responsible for the reported symptoms) be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply