Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom and expired Navionics Charts
03-28-19, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-19 03:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom and expired Navionics Charts
So my navionics charts have expired.

I switch on my Axiom, which dutifully tells me so, and then reverts to the default low scale useless chart.

I thought I could keep using the charts?

1) Switch on all good. It tells me about charts. Charts are good at this moment.
2) Upgrade to latest 3.8.xx Axiom 7
3) Reboot automatically
4) On powerup no chart message (as I said don't remind me)
5) Charts not used.

I have switch charts in the selector hoping it would be ok. Nadda.

I went to the original chart (the one I bought - I use a backup)

Still nothing - but it noticed I didnt have sonar charts so that is working. Put the other card in, it saw sonar charts and normal charts but the message is expired. I have no maps now.

What gives? Surely the Axiom still uses the charts?

Many thanks.

Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-19, 03:34 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom and expired Navionics Charts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

It should not be necessary to have an active Navionics Freshest Data subscription to view Navionics nautical charts on your MFD. However, without an active Navionics Freshest Data subscription, the autorouting, SonarChart Live, and Sonar Logging will not be supported by the MFD. Should you not already have done so, then it is recommended that the MFD's software be updated with LightHouse 3 v3.8.105 for Axiom MFDs. If so, and the problem persists, then it would be recommended that your waypoint, route, and track data be backed up, and that the Factory Reset (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->FACTORY RESET) be commanded. Should the problem persist thereafter, then please respond accordingly.
03-30-19, 06:01 AM
Ok - will do a factory reset later on this weekend.

To confirm, the original chart and my backups are NOT working since the message from the Axiom.

Don't want to do a factory reset as I have customised everything - but hey ho.

Question - I have solnar enabled I think - should I turn this off and see if that helps or is that a red herring. Not at the boat at the moment so don't know if that will work.

Mike
04-01-19, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mike,

Q. I have solnar enabled I think - should I turn this off and see if that helps or is that a red herring.
A. Operation of sonar should have no effect upon the ability of the MFD to view cartography from the chart card. It is recommended that you proceed with the previously recommended Factory Reset command.