Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] e120w day/night display brightness issue
04-01-19, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-19 09:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] e120w day/night display brightness issue
When I use this e120w at night I have to use settings to switch display brightness to "night" to dim the display.

When I power up the next day, I cannot see the screen in daylight because it is still on "night" setting.

Is there any way to set an 'auto' mode for the brightness on this device? I know switching back to "day" before turning off at night is an option, but I'm busy with many other checklist items after an at night arrival so this doesn't happen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-19, 09:42 AM
RE: [CA11] e120w day/night display brightness issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum rreimann,

Unfortunately, the E-Series Widescreen MFDs do not support automatically adjusting backlight settings based upon local time and/or light conditions. Should this condition occur, pressing and releasing the POWER button followed by pressing the function key located next to the right most function key will cause the MFD to switch between day and night color palettes. Rotating the rotary control of the UniController clockwise will then increase the MFD's backlight level.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply