Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Mercury Smartcraft to NMEA(sea talk ng) to Axiom MFD
03-31-19, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 12:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Mercury Smartcraft to NMEA(sea talk ng) to Axiom MFD
So I have the Mercury Smartcraft gateway and I am able to see the engine data on my Axiom MFD's as I expected.
What I can't figure out is how to input the fuel level & gallon capacity.
So for example I have 100 gallon tank and when the tank is full set it as so. Then I can base my remaining fuel based on fuel burned.
As always thank you for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-19, 12:39 PM
RE: [CA11] Mercury Smartcraft to NMEA(sea talk ng) to Axiom MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rookie Fisherman,

The information which you are seeking may be found within the Fuel/Trip Manager section of Chapter 5.8 My Data of the LightHouse 3.8 Advanced Operation Instructions. From within the Fuel Manager, the operator may configure the system with full tanks or with a partial fill. Please note that the fuel level reported by the Fuel Manager feature is reflect within the All Tanks data group (TTE, DTE, Fuel (season), Fuel (trip), Est. Fuel, Total Fuel (%), etc.) versus individual tank levels. The latter require that the system be interfaced to NMEA 2000 fluid level sensors which are installed within each of the boat's tanks.
04-01-19, 01:49 PM
Thank you Chuck

Shortly after starting this thread I did come across that info here on the site. Should have done little moire digging.

One more question. Once I set the fuel level for the tank in the fuel manager will it also show that level in the dashboard app on The Axiom and on my I70S? Or do I need to install a NMEA fluid level sensor and interface to the system?

Thx
04-01-19, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 02:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rookie Fisherman,

Q1. Once I set the fuel level for the tank in the fuel manager will it also show that level in the dashboard app on The Axiom and on my I70S?
A1. To be clear, you're setting a fuel amount, not a fuel level. Should you look at the MFD's Dashboard data groups, you will find the Fuel->All Tanks data group which I had previously referenced. Within the i70S, similarly named data items will be found within the Fuel data group.

A2. Or do I need to install a NMEA fluid level sensor and interface to the system?
A2. This is only required if you want the MFD and/or i70S to report tank level.
04-01-19, 06:21 PM
Thank you Chuck.

I think I understand and have the settings correct at this point.
I have another question.
The information between my Axioms & I70s units is being shared as it should.
Here is the odd thing. When I turn the engine key to the on position the engine & fuel info populate to the i70s as they should. The weird thing is my depth reading goes blank on the i70s. All other shared info from the Axioms appear to still be there, just loose the depth.
Depth reading on the Axiom screens remain though.
04-02-19, 09:21 AM
Rookie Fisherman,

Q. When I turn the engine key to the on position the engine & fuel info populate to the i70s as they should. The weird thing is my depth reading goes blank on the i70s. All other shared info from the Axioms appear to still be there, just loose the depth.
A. It is possible that the SmartCraft system is sending depth and it is being prioritized by the i70. It is recommended that you accordingly try using the i70's Data Sources feature to specify that the Axiom MFD be the system's depth data source.
04-02-19, 11:04 AM
That did it. As always thank you Chuck.
Depth data was a set to auto so it must have been trying to use the SmartCraft info which was N/A. Switched it to use the depth data from the Axiom DM...all set.
04-02-19, 01:00 PM
You're welcome.