Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Digital radar cable
02-25-19, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-19 08:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Digital radar cable
Please see the attachment. Can u tell me what the colors are? Where they go?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-19, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-19 09:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Digital radar cable
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Paulo,

Q. So I just bought a digital radar cable and the power cable has 3 colors: green red and black. Assuming green is ground the other two should be hot, should I connect them both?
A. Such information may be found within the radome's or open array pedestal's installation guide. As indicated within the installation guides for open array pedestal's the Digital Radar Cable's drain lead should be interfaced to the Screen terminal of the VCM100. The Digital Radar Cable's red (positive power) lead should be connected to the VCM's +48 VDC Power OUT terminal and the Digital Radar Cable's black (negative power) lead should be connected to the VCM's -48 VDC Power OUT terminal. As indicated within the radome installation guides, the green (drain) lead of the Digital Radar Cable or Quantum Radome Power Cable should be interfaced to the vessel's bonding cable. Should the vessel not feature a bonding cable, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing alternative locations to connect drain leads. The red (positive power) lead of the Digital Radar Cable or Quantum Power Cable should be connected a switched +12 VDC or +24 VDC circuit. The black (negative power) lead of the Digital Radar Cable or Quantum Power Cable should be connected the battery's negative terminal.
04-07-19, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-19 08:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So i was ready to install the digital cable and the ends don’t match:( do I need an adapter?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2854]

Do I need to by this splitter?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2855]
04-08-19, 08:55 AM
Paulo,

Yes. When interfacing a Quantum or Quantum 2 radome to a Digital Radar Cable, an A80308 Quantum Y-Cable must be installed between the Digital Radar Cable and the radome's power and communications interfaces.
04-08-19, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-19 02:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks bud appreciate it
04-08-19, 02:45 PM
You're welcome.