Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i50 transducer compatibility
04-05-19, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-19 03:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] i50 transducer compatibility
I have i50 depth and speed instruments, and an i60 wind instrument. I am installing an Axiom Pro 9S, and am assuming that my new MFD will display speed, wind, and temperature from my existing equipment. For my depth data, I want to switch out the transducer that came with the i50 depth instrument for a E70340 Chirp transducer so that I can use the built in sonar in the Axiom. Will my i50 display depth data from this transducer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-19, 03:41 PM
RE: [CA11] i50 transducer compatibility
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gbernard_ca,

Q1. I am installing an Axiom Pro 9S, and am assuming that my new MFD will display speed, wind, and temperature from my existing equipment.
A1. Should these instruments be properly interfaced (typically via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone), then the MFD will indeed be capable of displaying depth, speed, temperature, and wind data from these instruments.

Q2. For my depth data, I want to switch out the transducer that came with the i50 depth instrument for a E70340 Chirp transducer so that I can use the built in sonar in the Axiom. Will my i50 display depth data from this transducer?
A2. When interfaced as specified above and should no transducer be interfaced to the i50 instrument, then it may be configured as a depth repeater to repeat depth determined by the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply