Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ES98 to Ray70 VHF (AIS)
04-06-19, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-19 11:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ES98 to Ray70 VHF (AIS)
I am currently running ES98 (Lighthouse II v19) Ray70 VHF together. They were previously connected via NMEA 183 as I was taking full advantage of AIS. I just recently installed a few new items, CP470, and RS150 GPS Antenna. In doing so I installed a starter SeaTalk Backbone and connected the Ray70 with a Spur Cable to the backbone. I also disconnected the NMEA 183. I powered up my MFD and everything appears to working and connected with one exception, my screen says “no AIS”. My question is, is there anything in particular I need to do in settings to get AIS work now that the Ray70 is connect via seatalkng? Also do I to need to turn off internal GPS on my MFD while the RS150 is connected? Or do they work in conjunction? FYI, I am current with all updates.

Thank you

Sam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-19, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-19 11:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] ES98 to Ray70 VHF (AIS)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sam,

Q1. Is there anything in particular I need to do in settings to get AIS work now that the Ray70 is connect via seatalkng?
A1. With regard to the Ray70, one need simply configure its AIS feature to ON
Menu->Set-up->AIS.
Selecting AIS will switch the internal AIS receiver On and Off.

Additionally, the Ray70 must be configured for SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications:
Menu->Set-up->Network output->NMEA 2000

Within the Chart application, the AIS layer (MENU->PRESENTATION->OVERLAYS->AIS) must also be configured to ON within each Chart application page/pane in which you desire to view AIS data.

Should the problem persist, then please attach the Diagnostics...html file from the system's Data Master MFD to your next response to this thread.

Q2. Also do I to need to turn off internal GPS on my MFD while the RS150 is connected? Or do they work in conjunction?
A2. When the system feature more than one source of GPS data the Data Sources feature (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->DATA SOURCES) of an i70, p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS or MFD running LHII or LH3 software should be used to select which GPS source will be used for GPS, Date & Time, and Datum data. In this case, the RS150 would typically be selected.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply