Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] i70s Calibration not responding
04-07-19, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-19 11:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] i70s Calibration not responding
Over the winter I have fitted an itc-5 and new i70s displays - and everything seems to be working fine. But this weekend I tried to calibrate the speed in calm waters with no current. I worked through the steps for single point calibration - only to find that the up/down arrows didn’t seem to work - fine normally just not on this screen. So I then tried the multipoint calibration using SOG - only to find that when I pressed add (the Menu button) it didn’t update the recorded speed.

It’s as if the i70 can read the itc-5 but can’t write to its calibration tables.

Any ideas anyone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-19, 10:48 AM
RE: [DG11] i70s Calibration not responding
Hi Lukes

Thankyou for your enquiry,

The speed adjustment will only work if the STW and the SOG are within range of each other (within 1 or 2 kts). The fact that the Add Cal point is not working may mean that the SOG is not accurate or the STW transducer is not working correctly.

Please check the paddlewheel is clean and spinning freely, if the transducer is more than a couple of years old, change the paddlewheel using a service kit to replace both the paddlewheel and the shaft.

Regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply