Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Compatibilty of a75 configuration with Samsung or new display
04-08-19, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-19 01:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Compatibilty of a75 configuration with Samsung or new display
Dear All
My concern is about which solution is fully efficient for the replication of the main display in the cockpit of my sailing boat.
My configuration is currently with a a75 multifunction display (and I'm satisfied of that) and I use Samsung tablets and the Raymarine Android application to replicate the information.
I'm quite desapointed with the performance of the WiFi link with the tablet as I have difficulties to connect to the a75, I can loose the connection during the route, freezes are also frequent.

My questions are:
a) are IPAD better solutions to used (more ruggedised than Android)?
b) if not, could the solution to use a new display in the RM family as slave of my a75. In this case this is an expensive solution and not really efficient (new vs. old products)

I try to see what is offered by RM as refurbished equipements but it seems the availability is not so clear (product marked as ok but error when I try to go further)

Thanks for the answers.
BR
Didier
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-19, 09:59 AM
RE: [DG11] Compatibilty of a75 configuration with Samsung or new display
Hi dvda95,

Thank you for your enquiry,

The best route would be to use another Raymarine display, wiFi relies on a good signal and if there is anything onboard which is creating interference, or if the WiFi antenna built into the a Series is shielded by anything metallic, this will reduce performance and impact the use of any wireless device.

Some tablets are better than others, but I could not comment as to which was better build quality, the point I would make is that generally tablets are not built for marine use and sunlight viewability and so we would always recommend a dedicated marine display.

You could also use a WiFi checker to identify the WiFi performance onboard and identify any sources of interference.

There are same generation Raymarine displays available still in the market and we recommend that a suitable compatible display be sourced and connected via RayNet

Regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply