Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Aqua view
04-08-19, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-19 01:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Aqua view
Can someone please tell me what cables I would need to connect a Aqua view to my Axiom 12
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-19, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-19 01:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Aqua view
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum nichols,

Axiom MFDs, unlike Axiom Pro MFDs and Axiom XL MFDs, do not feature an composite (NTSC/PAL) video input port. Accordingly, should the Aqua-Vu underwater camera feature an composite video interface (typically denoted by a RCA plug/socket) then it would be necessary to encode the camera's video. As indicated within the FAQ found here, we typically recommend the AXIS M7011 video encoder for such purposes. A third party RCA (M) to BNC (M) adapter may be used to adapt cables/sockets terminated RCA (F) plug to be mated to the BNC (F) socket of the Axis M7011. The Axis M7011 video encoder would be interfaced to the data side of a FLIR 41113746 POE injector via an appropriate length of marine grade CAT 6 patch cable. The network side of the POE injector would then be interfaced to the Ethernet Network (RayNet) Socket of the MFD or the system's HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) Cable.

Should your Aqua-Vu camera not feature a composite video (NTSC/PAL) video interface, then please specify the model of Aqua-Vu camera owned.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply