The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Potential Upgrade to my E97 MFD and Transducer
04-08-19, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-19 08:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Potential Upgrade to my E97 MFD and Transducer
I currently have a 2014 Monterey 34FT Cruiser and it came with an E97MFD as well as a Thru Hull Transducer that says it is a BC60 20 Deg TLTD, Element E66087. Not sure if it a Raymarine Transducer but I think it is since Monterey buys only Raymarine Electronics. I am curious what I can do with the system and transducer I have as I would like to get the down vision and side vision views as is now available. I see Raymarine makes certain modules that can be wires in to add the down and side vision but I am not sure my MFD will support them. Also what will my existing transducer do as I see those down and side vision modules each say they need their own stern mounted transducers ??
After looking at the cost of the modules (and if I had to add 2 transducers as well) maybe a newer MFD would be more cost effective ? Obviously I need something compatible with all the wiring I currently have and I also have the Raymarine HD Radar Unit on the hard top that is the 18" diameter one. Just looking for what I may be able to do with my existing system and or what upgrades I might need. I really would like the live or real view capability but I think that might require an entire new system ? Its too bad really as the year or 2 after I purchased my new boat Monterey started putting your Axiom Units in the boats and I believe they already do the down and side vison. I realize my unit does have a down vision but the clarity is not as good as the newer technology I see. I am very interested in underground structures and hazards that are present in the lake I am on in upstate NY.
Thanks for any information you can provide
Frank Clemente
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Potential Upgrade to my E97 MFD and Transducer - fclemente695 - 04-08-19 09:15 PM