Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Potential Upgrade to my E97 MFD and Transducer
04-10-19, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-19 03:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Potential Upgrade to my E97 MFD and Transducer
Q1. What does it mean when you say 3D imaging is not corrected for attitude... as it is with an Axion unit?
A1. RealVision transducers designed for use with Axiom RV MFDs, Axiom Pro RVX MFDs, and the RVX1000 feature an AHARS (Attitude Heading and Reference System) which is responsible for sensing yaw (heading), pitch, and roll of the vessel. This information is used within the Axiom RV MFDs, Axiom Pro RVX MFDs, and the RVX1000 to adjust sonar imaging for the motion of the boat. In contrast, the Element transducer does not feature such motion sensing. Accordingly, the best Element imaging will result from a vessel which is operating in calm water and is maintain a constant heading at trolling speeds. Should the vessel be operated in seas or not maintain a constant heading, the resulting imaging would be adversely affected (not as sharp, smeared, etc.).

Q2. If I bought an element unit I would still see a structure at whatever depth it is under or to the side of my boat? It appears , as you said, the image quality is better. You can see in the videos that it is easy to tell between structures or rock piles and fish.
A2. As indicated, the quality of the imaging rendered is dependent upon the factors indicated within my response to Q1. Should the vessel be operated under favorable conditions, then the quality of the HyperVision imaging observed onboard one's own boat should be very similar to those which has been advertised when operating in depths less than 100'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Potential Upgrade to my E97 MFD and Transducer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-10-19 02:59 PM