Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading Radar
04-12-19, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-19 02:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading Radar
I am upgrading my radar to the new Magnum 4kw 48" open aray and integrating it into a 2006 E120 system that includes Raymarine auto pilot, sonar and gps. Will I need any special cable or adaptor to integrate it into the older Seatalk unit?

Thanks,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-19, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-19 03:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upgrading Radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MPrice,

The answer depends upon the type of open array radar pedestal that is presently installed onboard. When the E-Series MFDs were introduced in 2006, Raymarine's open array pedestals and radomes featured an analog video interface and employed a radar cable which was designed to be interfaced directly to the MFD's RADAR socket. Should this be the case, then this cable will need to be replaced with an an appropriate length of Digital Radar Cable The power legs of the Digital Radar Cable will be connected to the Voltage Control Module (VCM) supplied with the Magnum radar pedestal. One end of the Digital Radar Cable will be connected to the radar pedestal's socket. An A80272 RayNet (M) Pins to SThs (M) Socket Adaptor Cable will be mated to the other end of the Digital Radar Cable to permit it to be interfaced to the MFD's SeaTalkhs socket. Should the system feature a SeaTalkhs Network Switch, then An A80513 RayNet (M) Pins to RJ45 (M) Adaptor Cable will be mated to the other end of the Digital Radar Cable to permit it to be interfaced to one of the SeaTalkhs Network Switches RJ45 sockets.

The Magnum open array pedestals may be purchase with or without a Digital Radar Cable. Details of Magnum open array packages may be found the Ordering Information section of the Magnum open array radar web page (see below):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2883]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply