Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Adding one more autopilot (ACU200) and upgrading my network to STNG
04-25-19, 07:27 AM
RE: [LW11] Adding one more autopilot (ACU200) and upgrading my network to STNG
Dear JonasE,

With regards to the installation of the STng network, please refer to the manual to ensure you install this correctly (this will include information on powering the network). The manual is available here.

Have some questions as well..
- Where should I best add power to the networks?
The seatalk 1 network will require a 12v supply and the STng network will require its own 12v supply. Please keep these separate. When using the ST1 to STng convertor make sure you do not power the STng network twice, you may have to modify the seatalk 1 cable to use the screen and yellow (ST1 data cable) and tape the red 12v back.

- Is it better to have only one SeaTalk1 network or can I use several SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNG converters?
You can have multiple ST1 to Stng convertors in the network, just be aware of the 12v power and ensure you do not loop any ST1 data and this will cause conflicting data.

- Can the p70 and ST6001 be connected at the same time?
I would not recommend connecting 2 autopilot control heads to the same course computer/ network. I would keep the ST6001 as a spare as this will have limited functionality controlling the EV pilot.

- For redundancy, is it better to keep the S2G and the ST6001 on an own ”network” with just these devices?
Keeping the older pilot as a standalone system is a good fall back if you are doing long passages and your current pilot becomes faulty. Blue water cruisers usually take a spare.

In your drawing, the e95 and i70 are on ST1 and Stng. Connect these to the STng network and not to ST1. Remember the STng network requires terminators as there are none on the drawing.
Put the EV1 sensor on its own spur rather than the iTC-5.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] Adding one more autopilot (ACU200) and upgrading my network to STNG - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-25-19 07:27 AM