Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Battery voltage on MFD
05-11-16, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-18 12:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Battery voltage on MFD
t would be good to display the MDF supply voltage on the screen
in my C125 I did not find this option

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-16, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-16 07:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Battery voltage on MFD
I agree. I know that on the e7D it is being measured, because you can find it in the diagnostics. It would be great to have that available as a data display.

Rob Franks
Catalina 310 #31
Santa Cruz, CA
05-18-16, 08:21 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Antonio and marchem,

The current design of LightHouse II software limits the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs to displaying data from a NMEA 2000 battery voltage monitor (ex. Maretron DCM 100, Actisense EMU-1, etc.). A feature request will be submitted consider support for the addition of a supplied voltage data item within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update as well as within future product designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
08-30-18, 05:20 PM
Any update on this request? Seems like buying a NEMA 2K battery voltage monitor is a pricey solution. I've also got a Victron battery monitor, and they make an adapter that outputs NEMA 2K, but it's also quite pricey.

Thanks, Rob

Rob Franks
Catalina 310 #31
Santa Cruz, CA
08-31-18, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-18 12:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Battery voltage on MFD
Rob,

MFDs running the latest LightHouse 3 software (v3.6.32 at the time of this response) currently support a Supply Voltage data item whereby the MFD can report the voltage level which is being supplied to it. However, this feature was never included within a LightHouse II software update and no future LightHouse II software updates currently expected.
08-31-18, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-18 12:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Given that the e7D can't run LightHouse 3 I appear to be out of luck. Oh well, if that's my biggest problem I can't complain...

Rob Franks
Catalina 310 #31
Santa Cruz, CA
08-31-18, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-18 12:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You're welcome.