Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise
04-23-19, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-19 03:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise
My new Quantum 2 Doppler starts up fine with only a light hum of the array spinning. After about 45 minutes of use the array begins to make a loud groaning sound and does not stop until turned off then on again. The radar is backstay mounted on a gimbal the environment was 65 degrees F, 70% relative humidity. Do i need to replace the unit or is this typical?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-19, 03:43 PM
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dkneedler,

The reported symptom is indeed not normal and it would be recommended that the Quantum 2 radome be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. If the radome was purchased less then 30 days ago, then it would be recommended that it be returned to your authorized Raymarine dealer for replacement.
04-23-19, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-19 07:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you!
04-24-19, 07:47 AM
You're welcome.
04-27-19, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-19 10:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Chuck

I have put an order in for the Quantum 2 radome and have been told by my dealer that there is currently a back order.

Can you confirm this for me, and if true would you have any idea of a time frame for for release?

Thanks

Will
04-29-19, 10:23 AM
Will,

Unfortunately and as this forum is staffed by technical support staff, product availability data is not available. However, please click here to view a FAQ addressing where you may obtain the requested product availability information.