Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E90W MFD and Flir M324CS Camera
05-14-19, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-19 01:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA11] E90W MFD and Flir M324CS Camera
I have E90W MFD with software ver. 2.65 and a Flir M-324CS camera with a JCU. I've config the camera and JCU to be used with a Raymarine
MFD. The MFD doesn't recognize the camera through the network.
I can't operate the camera with MFD. However I can operate the camera
with the JCU. If I plug in my PC to the network I can communicate with
the camera or JCU. Why can't I get the MFD to operate the camera?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-19, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-19 02:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] E90W MFD and Flir M324CS Camera
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum DANMES,

Unlike the MFD's which followed the E-Series Widescreen MFDs, it was necessary to use thermal cameras and JCUs having specific class A static IP addresses assigned to them. For this reason, FLIR had produced Raymarine branded thermal cameras and JCUs to support plug and play operation with Raymarine MFDs. In contrast, FLIR branded thermal cameras are configured at the factory to support Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) network management protocol. Accordingly, it will be necessary to interface the thermal camera and JCU (one at a time) to a computer to access to the the device's web page (recommend using Internet Explorer as the browser) to then configure these devices with the following static IP addresses:
- FLIR M/MD Series Thermal Cameras: 10.21.0.2
- FLIR JCU: 10.21.0.6

The Login ID and password for logging into the M-Series thermal camera's web are "admin" and "indigo" respectively.
05-15-19, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-19 03:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I've already change the camera to 10.21.0.2 and the JCU to 10.21.0.6 static IP addresses. In my first posting when I mentioned that I config the camera and JCU to work with a Raymarine MFD. I should've said I've change the IP addresses.
05-15-19, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-19 03:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
DANMES,

Verify that the MFD has been updated with the E-Series Widescreen MFD v2.65 software update. If so, then the only other thing that may come into play would be the fact that this camera is stabilized ... a feature which was not available, and therefore not tested, with the E-Series Widescreen MFDs.
05-15-19, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-19 08:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

I do have 2.65 version software.
Thanks for your help
05-30-19, 09:50 AM
DANMES,

Please accept our apology for the delay within this response, as equipment testing was required. The M324CS is a Generation 2 FLIR M-Series Thermal Camera. Based upon our testing, the Generation 2 FLIR M-Series Thermal Cameras are not compatible with the E-Series Widescreen MFDs. Should this thermal camera be a new purchase, then the following options would be applicable:

- contact the authorized FLIR dealer from whom the thermal camera was purchased return the thermal camera and to replace it with a re-manufactured Generation 1 FLIR M-Series Thermal Camera. Please note that none of FLIR's Generation 1 M-Series Thermal Cameras feature stabilization.

- upgrade the MFD(s) onboard the vessel to Axiom, Axiom Pro, or Axiom XL MFDs. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this option.