Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] N16821
04-24-19, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-19 09:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] N16821
This unit provides depth, speed and water temp info. It is hooked up to my E series displays.
As of yesterday it will not display depth. It shows 3 "dashes" on the screen. The water temp info and ship speed still work.
I am in Beaufort NC and the local service staff say they are booked out 3 weeks. I am a looper (live on my boat) trying to make my way back to Michigan and needless to say operating a 60' boat with no depth info is challenging.
Any ideas or help will be appreciated.
Dave Rusch david.r@sttsecurity.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-19, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-19 09:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] N16821
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum,

Does the product which you have referenced go by the name or part number N16821? If so, then please note that I have been unable to trace N16821 to the name or part number for a Raymarine product. Depth sounding products fall into the following categories:
- analog depth transducer which has been interfaced to an instrument display
- Smart NMEA 2000 or NMEA 0183 depth transducer which has in turn been interfaced to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 bakbone or to the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface
- a fishfinder transducer which has been interfaced to a DSM30 or DSM300 fishfinder sounder module, which in turn has been interfaced to the system's Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) network switch or to the MFD's Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) port.

Which of the above describes the depth sounding product for your system? Please attach a photo of the transducer's identification tag which clearly shows all information which is printed on the tag? Please additionally attach a photo of the device (instrument display, MFD, backbone spur socket, etc.) which the transducer has been directly connected to ... you will need to trace the transducer's cable to verify this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply