Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 6 and Navionics+ bundle
05-09-16, 04:00 PM
Dragonfly 6 and Navionics+ bundle
I need some guidance on my charts. I have the navionics + bundle that I have just recently updated thru Navionics for both the nautical and sonar charts. Now, this is where I need help. I have marked the DF6 for the navionics card but I don't get the detail that is shown on the navionics website for the lake I have my boat on. What am I doing wrong? Can someone guide me thru the process to be able to fully utilize the navionics bundle.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-16, 10:27 AM
RE: Dragonfly 6 and Navionics+ bundle
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

It is recommended that you first verify that your Dragonfly display has been updated with the v12.09 Dragonfly display software update and if not, update its software accordingly. After doing so, detailed sonar bathymetry may be commanded to be displayed within the Dragonfly display's Chart application page/pane via the command sequence OK->CHART SETTINGS->CHART SELECTION->SONAR CHARTS.
05-10-16, 01:12 PM
Chuck:

Thanks for the info. I also went to the navionics website and found that I did not properly download the update info since I did not specifically designate what areas I wanted downloaded to my card. I was under the impression that the update would update all of Canada and US but that is not correct. It will update only if you designate exactly what area of the country or what lakes you want downloaded. Sorry for being so technically challenged!!
05-13-16, 12:32 PM
No problem. As you have suggested, the Navionics+ chart cards packaged with Raymarine bundles are pre-populated with Navionics nautical charts (does not include sonar charts or community edits) all US and Canadian coastal, rivers, and lakes supported by Navionics at the time that the chart card was initially populated. Updating the Navionics+ chart card's contents with Freshest data updates will erase the chart card's current content and then require that the owner use the Navionics web application to bound the geographic area that is desired to populate the Navionics+ chart card with. The Navionics web application will identify the amount of storage required for the geographic area bounded by the customer. Adding Sonar Charts and/or Community Edits will add further storage requirements which may call for the customer to adjust the boundaries of the desired area to downloaded.