Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Ais on Ray 91 issue
03-28-19, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-19 11:39 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Ais on Ray 91 issue
Hi

Happy owner of axiom 12RV and thought I should update my old VHF to a Ray 91 with build in AIS. Well installed it with NMEA2000 towrds MFD. Succeded to do updates on VHF via MFD so network is functional.
But no AIS info what so ever (know that I have several transmitter close by). AIS is activated in software, but when doing selfdiagnostics on VHF the meny says: DSC -No, AIS -No. What does this meny says? Is it means not functional or that there are no AIS transmitters received?

Regarding MFD the meny where you can turn on/off AIS layers seems to be invisible when not having any AIS info received.

I'll leave the VHF back to shop, hopefully they can help me. I'm curious if anyone else having the same kind of problem?

BR

Patrik

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-19, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-19 11:46 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] Ais on Ray 91 issue
Hi Patrik,

Thank you for your enquiry.

There is a menu selectionin the RAY91 to turn the AIS receiver on, you need to turn the AIS ON in the menu and then you will be able to turn the AIS layer in the AXIOM ON.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2826]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-29-19, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-19 06:31 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, but it is already set to "on". But still no possibility to switch on ais-layer in mfd. And self diagnostics says no aid and dsc, which makes me think there are some problem with data handling in this unit.
I've returned the vhf to shop. They said there had been some issues with software on earlier versions but not on the latest. Anyway, they will send it to raymarine and hopefully they can fix it within a week or so.

Br
Patrik
04-01-19, 06:39 AM
Hi Patrik,

Thank you for the feedback.

It could either be the unit or the STng network onboard between the RAY90 and the MFD, if other devices on the network are working correctly, then possibly either a faulty STng cable, connector or the MFD itself. If the AXIOM MFD is reading other data from the Network, then it is likely the RAY90.

More information regarding the STng/ NMEA2000 backbone can be found here

Regards

Derek
04-01-19, 10:39 AM
Thanks for support, the Network seems to work fine, no problem to update firmware in vhf via MFD. No other units are connected to network. Also tried other cables but no difference.
Hopefully I will hear from the service center within a few days.

BR
Patrik
04-02-19, 05:14 AM
Thanks Patrik,

Will stand by until unit is returned from service team
Thanks
Derek
04-02-19, 09:50 AM
Hi

The service team called today. They think there are some major errors inside vhf. They didn't even managed to get GPS functional (worked for me though).
Anyway they gave me a new one. So directly after work I went to the boat and tested the vhf. It finally works!!!

One funny thing, when trying to upgrade software in vhf it asks if I want to degrade from 1.32 (installed) to 1.19 which is available via MFD. Of course I said no.

Thanks for support anyway!

BR
Patrik
04-04-19, 11:51 AM
Hi Patrik

Good to hear all sorted,

regards
Derek