Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot for Albin 27FC
04-27-19, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-19 12:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autopilot for Albin 27FC
I'm looking at an autopilot for for my Albin 27FC (power, cruise 6k, disp ~7000#, mechanical cable steering).

So far the EV-100 wheel drive seems the most suitable but there are apparently several sensor or control heads. What is the difference? Will the sail model work on the powerboat mentioned?

Can the EV-100 be connected to an NMEA0183 GPS or PC output?

Thank you
stmbtwle
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-19, 12:53 PM
RE: [CA11] Autopilot for Albin 27FC
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum stmbtwle,

Raymarine only offers a single wheel pilot and it is designed exclusively for use with sailing vessels. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing Raymarine's recommendation for cable steered vessels. Their are currently two choices of autopilot control heads which are available for cable steered vessels ... the p70S and p70RS. While most power boaters find favor with the rotary knob of the p70RS autopilot control head, the p70S autopilot control head is equally suited to a powerboat. The rotary knob of p70RS simply replaces the p70S's the +/-1, and +/-10 button dodge buttons for commanding heading changes and configuring the autopilots settings. I personally prefer the p70S, as it is quickest in effecting a dodge command of 10 or more degrees.

Evolution autopilot feature a NMEA 2000 communications interface. Interfacing a chartplotting product featuring a NMEA 0183 communications interface to the autopilot would require that a NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO, etc.) be installed between the NMEA 0183 chartploting product and an available spur socket within the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply