Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Smart Pilot melted 2A fuse, blown board
05-08-19, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-19 08:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Smart Pilot melted 2A fuse, blown board
Dear Chuck,
I installed the used Smart Pilot i found online. Initial testing is GOOD. Pilot works at the dock, the rudder responds and rudder indicator shiws up everywhere on network. The new board is missing one component compared to old board: small extra board sitting ip on spacers. Kionix Inc. KGMGDEA01R01
It connects to the main board buy a three wire jumper with a plug on the end. The three wire connector goes through a ferrite. On the board the red is labeled +5 the black GMD yellow out. Like a seatalk.

Should I connect the old Kionix to my new smart pilot? It looks unblemished and was nowhere near the current surge that destroyed the board.
I have a close up picture of the component if it would help you to identify it.
Once again, I am very grateful for any help or direction where I could look for information for this.

Further to my last post on the Kionix component— both boards and other components are identical 4538-001.

Only difference I can see, my original board is a 3015-286 issue F, whike new board is 3015-286 issue D

Chuck - I found the the Kionix KGF01 is a gyro accelerometer - I would guess that I can take the component from my old board Type F and install on the replacement board Type D. the connector pins match and the attachment point is the same.

and I can tell the replacement Type D board had the component and the pilferer broke the housing screw attachment point in the process.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-19, 08:23 AM
rickgard,

Indeed, the part which you have described is the autopilot course computer's rate gyro. It is the rate gyro which turns the S1, S2, and S3 autopilot course computers into S1G, S2G, and S3G autpilot course computers. Assuming that the rate gyro is operational (the only way to know is to try it with the new course computer), then the rate gyro may simply be removed from the old course computer and installed on the new course computer.
05-09-19, 10:21 AM
I am impressed with Raymarine components and with this support forum, Chuck. many thanks.
05-09-19, 10:32 AM
You're welcome.