Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Open array chirp /sqeak
04-30-19, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-19 09:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Open array chirp /sqeak
I have 4kw Super HD open array 6' I have a chirp type noise coming from the open array Its only a split second once a revolution . It happens when the sweep is dead ahead ( on the MFD ) . Now hear is the interesting part . it takes 17-18 knots Plus to get it to happen .
Is there any thing I can lube if so what lube should I use ? Radar works great but this is nerve-racking at best .

Thank you Paul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-19, 01:45 PM
RE: [CA11] Open array chirp /sqeak
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum prowlersfish,

The reported issue may be indicative of a problem within the pedestal's gearbox. It is accordingly recommended that the pedestal alone (the open array may be unbolted from the pedestal and removed) be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
05-01-19, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 07:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you , Its going to be hard to duplicate on the bench as you need a good wind/or speed going into it . Is there any recommend maintenance that can be done to the gear box , lubing the gears ? Also is their a recommended belt replacement interval ?
Thanks again

Paul
05-02-19, 08:03 AM
Paul,

The pedestals are designed to be maintenance free and there is no specified belt life. That said, it's not a bad idea to annually open the case and check for signs of wear, water intrusion, etc.. The symptom reported is often linked to a changes in the diameters of the pulley shaft opening and the shaft on which it turns. The latter can be determined upon inspection by Raymarine's Product Repair Center.
05-02-19, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 12:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you
05-02-19, 12:35 PM
You're welcome.