Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] strange sonar
05-04-19, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-19 09:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] strange sonar
I updated my Axiom7 DV the other day and my sonar doesn't appear to display properly. I'm not sure if its due to the update or another problem. /Users/joedag1/Desktop/IMG_sonar.jpeg

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-19, 10:04 AM
RE: [CA11] strange sonar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum joedag1,

It is recommended that you verify that the Fishfinder application's settings have all been configured to Auto. If so and the problem persists, then it is recommended that all of the boats other other power circuits, engines, equipment, etc. be switched OFF and that the system be tested again. Should the problem persist when so tested and the vessel not be suspended above large quantities of marine vegetation, then it would be recommended that the transducer be inspected for marine growth and cleaned should any be found. Should the problem persist with a clean transducer, then it would be recommended that a sonar reset (MENU->SETTINGS->SOUNDER->RESET SOUNDER) be commanded from within the Fishfinder application. Should the problem persist thereafter, then the symptom may be indicative of a fault with the MFD's fishfinder circuitry or with the transducer. Were a Certified Raymarine Installer to visit the boat, then the problem would be fault isolated by testing the MFD with a transducer which was known to be operational. Should this not be desirable, then the MFD may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
05-07-19, 07:45 PM
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate you and your time. I have a new transducer on the way and I will try everything you said. Thanks again!
05-08-19, 07:46 AM
You're welcome.
05-08-19, 08:18 PM
I installed a new transducer today and all is fine. After removing the old one I noticed a tiny nick in the wire below the waterline. I have no idea how that could have happened. Thanks again for the help.
05-09-19, 08:39 AM
You're welcome.