Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] SmartController No Link
05-05-19, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-19 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] SmartController No Link
Hi I have just bought a yacht with a SmartController but the battery was dead. I have replaced the battery pack and it now shows SEARCHING FOR NETWORK then it changes the display and says ! ALARM ! No Link. I'm not on the boat right now so that is why it can't find the network but will it work ok once it has found a network? Can you please help me.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-19, 02:09 AM
RE: [TG11] SmartController No Link
Hi Cardnopua,

There's no 'test mode' that will prove for sure that it will work when you get on the boat, but we'd expect so. Apart from dead batteries, about the only problem we ever see with SmartControllers is the occasional unit that needs to be de-registered from the network and re-registered. If you need to do this, the instructions are in the back of the SmartController's owners' manual.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
06-18-19, 10:54 AM
Hi, I have a steel sailboat with an Autohelm 4000 autopilot installed.
I bought a smartcontroller S100.
After connecting it and running the registration process it links with the base but, shows the legend NO PILOT.
I checked the connections and all three calbes screen, red and yellow are connected to the seatalk terminal.
I checked the S100 with an EV100 unit (from a different vessel) and it worked fine.
Can you please help me with this issue?
Best regards
Francisco
06-27-19, 01:56 AM
Hello Francisco,

What model of 4000 pilot is it? I assume it's an ST4000, not actually an Autohelm AH4000? AH4000 is non-Seatalk and not compatible.
Where is the wireless base station in relation to the remote? Are they close together? A steel hull will block the signals very effectively if they don't have a line-of-sight signal.
Are there any other devices connected on the Seatalk network that you can use to check that the network itself is working?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.