Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does S2G autopilot works with ST70+ autopilot keypad?
05-13-16, 06:42 PM
Does S2G autopilot works with ST70+ autopilot keypad?
Hello.
I want to buy ST70+ display and auto pilot keypad. Im wondering if the ST70+ will work with my S2G auto pilot.
Thank you
Viet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-16, 09:00 AM
RE: Does S2G autopilot works with ST70+ autopilot keypad?
Unfortunately not, the ST70+ is a Seatalk NG device and is not compatible to control an older S2G Smart Pilot course computer. Even trying the Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter, it is not designed to work in that direction. You will need to upgrade the course computer to at least the SPX-30 system which is discontinued.
05-16-16, 04:49 PM
Hello

If I buy the St70 Plus display and instrument keypad, will it work with my GPM400 MFD system?

Thank you
05-17-16, 07:46 AM
The G Series does have the Seatalk NG interface. What instrument information do you have connected to the G Series system?
05-17-16, 11:57 AM
Hi
I have Radar SuperHD 3048, Ray130 GPS, DSM300 Sonar, AIS650, Airmar PB150 for wind, pressure, and temperature, Ray240 radio, Maretron Fuel monitor, and an after market Engine interface displays: RPM, fuel gauge, oil gauge, voltage...etc. Everything works and displays information on the GPM400 monitor, not sure if it will work with this ST70plus.

Last is the S2G autopilot. But you already mentioned that this ST70plus will not work with S2G. I do have a seatalk to seatalk NG converter.

Thank you Steve.

Viet
05-17-16, 02:05 PM
Yes, the ST70+ will be able to display a lot of the information available on the Seatalk NG interface through the G Series system.