Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrade E120 questions
05-07-19, 03:45 PM
RE: [CA11] Upgrade E120 questions
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Wdeertz,

Q1. If I understand what I’ve read i’ll Be able to utilize all my existing Seatalk devices. All non-autopilot devices will be daisy chained together and connected to the new mfd via Seatalk to SeaTalkng converter.
A1. Correct

Q2. A separate Seatalk bus will be created for the autopilot Seatalk devices and connect to the new mfd via a Seatalk to SeaTalkng converter. Is my understanding correct?
A2. Again correct.

Q3. The nmea183 multiplexer in/out will connect to the new mfd NMEA183?
A3. Again correct

Q4. I’m considering either the gS series or Axiom Pro mfd.
A4. While the Axiom Pro or gS-Series MFD (would recommend considering an Axiom XL MFD over a gS-Series MFD)

Q5, I’ll need to update my Analog radar since it will not work with the new mfd. if I go with an axiom I can go with a radome quantum (or 2) and connect via WiFi while with the gS series I’ll need a digital radome or HD color which will require running a new cable up my mast. The radome has the advantage of a 48 mile range versus only 24 miles for the quantum. Is my understanding correct?
A5. Negative with respect to Quantum radome compatibility. MFDs running the latest versions of LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software feature support for Quantum radomes. However, if seeking a Quantum 2 radome, then an Axiom Pro or Axiom XL MFD would be recommended to utilize all of the features of the Quantum 2 radome. I strongly recommend Quantum 2 radomes to those who ask for a recommendation. This is because of the added situational awareness provided by their Doppler technology, which requires no interaction with the customer to determine whether targets are moving toward or away from one's vessel.

Q6. I’m thinking of not replacing the E80 on the flybridge but instead stream everything from the new mfd via WiFi to an IPad Pro. Either gS or axiom Pro will be able to do this?
A6. While using Raymarine's RayView or RayControl app would certainly be possible with an iPad, I don't have any experience with the iPad Pro. You may want to consider installing the free RayView or RayControl app (the latter is recommended) onto the iPad Pro and then taking it to your Raymarine dealer to test the app with an Axiom, Axiom Pro, or Axiom XL (any one of these will do) or gS-Series MFD (should you opt to go with this option.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrade E120 questions - Wdeertz - 05-06-19, 10:53 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrade E120 questions - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-07-19 03:45 PM