Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Lighthouse 3 and older course computers
03-05-19, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-19 08:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Lighthouse 3 and older course computers
I have an es98 running Lighthouse 2 software which enables me to use Navionic dock to dock routing and control my 12 year old S3g autopilot pretty much seamlessly.

I have just downloaded the two iso update softwares to separate sd cards ready to upgrade the unit later this month. It was last updated over wifi to the latest available in early September 2018 but I am a long way from the boat so can't bring up the actual version number.

I researched compatibility as best i could and the only real feedback I could glean was Chuck saying in thread "The only limitation would be that the autopilot controls feature supported by LightHouse 3 software may not be exercised with the autopilot." http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.ph...pid=21591. At the moment I use both the MFD and an i70s control head.

Three questions arise to consider the upgrade
1. Would I loose the dock to dock functionality I have with the autopilot?
2. Is there an order to install the raymarine_atom-3.8.105.upgrade.iso and ray_mfd_AtomCartographyRX5v1_22.upgrade.iso I have downloaded?
2. If I don't like it can I downgrade the new software having tried it?

Oceanis 40 es98 CPT110, AIS 650 dedicated aerial and gps, two i70s, transponder - digital depth speed temperature -ST60 masthead wind via analogue to stng pod, P70s control head, Seatalkng to Seatalk interface to S3g autopilot to type 2 linear drive & Ray240e VHF both aquiring gps via Seatalk interface.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-19, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-19 01:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse 3 and older course computers
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jem,

General comment: Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q1. At the moment I use both the MFD and an i70s control head.
A1. Please note that the i70S is not an autopilot control head. It is a Multifunction Instrument Display.

Q2. Would I loose the dock to dock functionality I have with the autopilot?
A2. Negative.

Q3. Is there an order to install the raymarine_atom-3.8.105.upgrade.iso and ray_mfd_AtomCartographyRX5v1_22.upgrade.iso I have downloaded?
A3. Negative.

Q4. If I don't like it can I downgrade the new software having tried it?
A4. Yes.
03-05-19, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-19 01:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I put my signature together from memory. That was a bad idea! I use a p70s control head and i70s displays.

Thank you for all your help. I see no reason not to try out the latest version.

Oceanis 40 es98 CPT110, AIS 650 dedicated aerial and gps, two i70s, transponder - digital depth speed temperature -ST60 masthead wind via analogue to stng pod, P70s control head, Seatalkng to Seatalk interface to S3g autopilot to type 2 linear drive & Ray240e VHF both aquiring gps via Seatalk interface.
06-07-19, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-19 01:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have just had a week on the boat?

The only issue I have is I haven't been able to get the es98 to control the course computer using Lighthouse 3.

It detects the stng converter when asked to discover heading device but the pilot section is frozen out for me.

How do I interface the computer and plotter to follow the course please.

Jem

06-07-19, 01:12 PM
Jem,

Unlike LightHouse II software, the Autopilot Controls features of LightHouse 3 software is restricted to use with Evolution autopilots. Accordingly, this feature cannot be used for systems featuring a S3G autopilot course computer. It will be necessary to use the autopilot's control head to command the autopilot into Standby, Auto, and Track modes as well as to otherwise control/configure the autopilot.
06-18-19, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 08:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK thanks for the explanation Chuck. I hadn't understood the detail of your previous advice. It's a pity the plotter course control functionality is lost for me with Lighthouse 3 on a device which is clearly capable as I don't feel the need to spend the further amount to replace the S3G course computer which functions well.

I have reluctantly decided to revert to Lighthouse II and downloaded the zip file for 19.03a version which I have extracted the contents to my microsd update card.

To upgrade to LightHouse 3 I installed the raymarine_atom-3.8.105.upgrade.iso as well as the ray_mfd_AtomCartographyRX5v1_22.upgrade.iso. As I will be away from a pc at the boat next visit, can I trouble you to confirm I simply use the new card 19.03a version to revert both these previous iso installs to Lighthouse II?

Jem

06-18-19, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 08:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Jem,

Q. As I will be away from a pc at the boat next visit, can I trouble you to confirm I simply use the new card 19.03a version to revert both these previous iso installs to Lighthouse II?
A. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to downgrade the MFD's software to LH3 v19.03.
06-18-19, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 09:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Glad I asked!

Thanks for all your guidance.

Jem

06-18-19, 09:12 AM
You're welcome.