Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Unexpected restarts
05-29-19, 01:15 PM
RE: [CA11] Unexpected restarts
MSjack,

We're glad to learn of the success reported. When a system's software is not performing properly symptoms can vary to include slow operation or even crash/reboots.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-19, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 07:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

Good to see that others are having success. I did the power on factory reset as per your suggestion. After some 20 minutes I was able to recreate another reboot, and some more after that. No success for me yet. The reboots seem to happen most often when the system seems to be strained.

Please find attached the logs.

Attached File(s)
.zip  mfds_crash_logs_2019-06-01_12-53-48.zip (Size: 245.74 KB / Downloads: 173)
.log  Summary_E70367-0580390_2019-06-01_125345.log (Size: 288 bytes / Downloads: 195)
06-03-19, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 11:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Jefti,

We're sorry to learn that the power-on factory reset did not address the stability issues with you system. Thanks for supplying the crash logs and previously supplied network diagram, device data, and logs. A problem report will be logged to investigate the problem using received data and to address the problem within a future LightHouse 3 software update.
06-03-19, 11:58 AM
We're sorry to learn that the power-on factory reset did not address the stability issues with you system. Thanks for supplying the crash logs and previously supplied network diagram, device data, and logs. A problem report will be logged to investigate the problem using received data and to address the problem within a future LightHouse 3 software update.

In the interim, given relatively large number of third party products which have been interfaced to the system's NMEA 2000 communications interface, it would be helpful to determine whether this problem is resulting from having interfaced one or more of these devices to the system. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the MFD be disconnected from the NMEA 2000 backbone temporarily to test whether its interaction with any of these third party products is responsible for the problem. Please respond with your findings.

It is also unclear from the diagnostics provided how you have interfaced the Suzuki engine to the system. Please indicate the make/model of engine gateway which has been installed.
06-03-19, 12:24 PM
Hi Chuck,

I will try that later.

For engine interface I use the OEM Suzuki Multi Function Gauge which has an NMEA out and built in interface.

Cheers,
06-03-19, 05:50 PM
jefti,

I look forward to learning how the system performs when tested in the manner specified within my last response.
06-18-19, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 08:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
How did you revert back to 3.7.70. was it via wifi or from the SD card i was trying to revert back to 3.8.105 but have been unsuccessful using SD card and do not see how it would be dine via wifi as it looking for latest not older version can you are Chuck embellish on reverting to previous version software thanks
06-18-19, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 08:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
E.hatch2086,

Product software cannot be downgraded via WiFi. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how product software may be updated via a microSD memory card. This method is also used to downgrade product software. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the most common mistakes reported when updating the software involve erroneously attempting to open a .iso file and/or downloading the software update compressed folder directly to the root level directly of the microSD memory card rather than to the PC (will typically be saved into the PC's Downloads folder).
06-18-19, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-19 09:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck
06-18-19, 09:11 AM
You're welcome.