Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] S100 remote controller: arrows do no change course
05-09-19, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-19 09:18 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
S100 remote controller: arrows do no change course
I have a e125 Series Cart Plotter. I have a Smart Controller that I have repaired previously and it failed again. I purchased the S100 remote and installed new sender in my Lagoon 440 Catamaran. The remote connects with no problem and tracks the course with no problem. The problem I have is when try to correct the course it is unresponsive. The arrows indicate the course change but autopilot does not change from its course.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-19, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-19 09:24 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: S100 remote controller
Hello SOTAR,

This is a common question with S100s. The S100 was designed originally for use with our now-retired S1000 fishing autopilot and comes factory configured for use with the S1000. In that mode it won't work fully with other standard autopilots.

To solve the problem, you need to change the vessel type to either Sail or Power (not Fishing), as described on p20 of the S100's owners' manual (which you can download from http://www.raymarine.com/manuals-documents/ if you don't have a copy.

Copying/pasting from that handbook, the process is:
  1. Press and hold STANDBY for 2 seconds to enter PILOT SETUP mode
  2. Press mode until the display reads BOAT TYPE3
  3. Press the PORT or STARBOARD key to toggle between POWER, SAIL and FISHING
  4. Press STANDBY to leave Pilot setup and return to normal mode.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply