Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Pilot Replacement
05-16-16, 11:40 AM
Auto Pilot Replacement
I currently have an ST7000 Autohelm that has started to fail. I say started, the 5A fuse controlling the ST network ports blew on the CCU and when it did it caused one of the two ST ports to fail. I was able to replace the fuse and put the AP back into service by moving the ST7000 from the failed port to the remaining good port. I cannot however restore my remote control into the service as I don't have a port to connect it to. I have installed and EVO autopilot on another boat that has since been sold, but had persistent problems with "no pilot" disconnect errors as I was running two MFDs on the N2K network.

Since the new EVO will be connected to the N2K network on the boat, I am concerned about a few things:

a. As I don't have any Raymarine MFDs, I plan to also purchase and a65. The a65 and P70R will be connected to the N2K network through an adapter cable as will the ACU400. Do you see any problems with this approach?
b. There is a Garmin 4212 on the same network. Is there any know issues with Garmin MFDs on the same N2K network as an EVO autopilot.
c. One of the devices attached to the network is a Garmin GXM52 Sirius/XM weather module. A year ago, someone reported in the old tech forum that whenever the GXM-52 was attached to the N2K network he would get "no pilot errors" every 8 minutes or so. (http://raymarine.ning.com/forum/topics/p...e=activity) Was there ever any resolution to this?

Thanks.

Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-16, 03:25 PM
RE: Auto Pilot Replacement
a. So you will connecting the a65, p70R, EV-1, ACU-400 into an existing NMEA 2000 backbone? I don't see a problem with this approach.

b. No, no known issues with Garmin and Evolution equipment on the same NMEA 2000 backbone.

c. Yes, there was a resolution, with both Raymarine and the Garmin GXM52 having the latest software revisions.
05-16-16, 04:39 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Glad the issues were resolved.

Tom

(05-16-16 03:25 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  a. So you will connecting the a65, p70R, EV-1, ACU-400 into an existing NMEA 2000 backbone? I don't see a problem with this approach.

b. No, no known issues with Garmin and Evolution equipment on the same NMEA 2000 backbone.

c. Yes, there was a resolution, with both Raymarine and the Garmin GXM52 having the latest software revisions.
05-17-16, 07:48 AM
Anytime, let us know if you have any further questions.