Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Autopilot Setup
05-09-19, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-19 04:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Autopilot Setup
Hi - I have a Raymarine Protor 1a 0.8 reversing pump and a Raymarine ST70 Autopilot Controller. Will these units work together and what computer do I need to get to work with them? I believe they take standard Seatalk connections.
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-19, 06:56 AM
RE: [DG11] Autopilot Setup
Hi arcticlifeboat

Tahnk you for your enquiry,

I am afraid we do not recognise Protor 1a 0.8 Pump? Please can you explain?

Thankyou
Derek
05-13-19, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-19 09:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek, photo of model attached.

Thanks,
Guylee
05-13-19, 10:49 AM
HI arcticlifeboat

Thankyou for the photo, this is the rotor style pump we used a number of years ago, the current replacement is the 0.5ltr pump.

If you were to use the rotor pump, then currently you would need to use the P70s control unit, the ACU200, and EV1 sensor and a rudder reference unit.

If you were to find older product, ( which we no longer manufacture), you would need an SPX10 course computer and a fluxgate compass.

Regards
Derek
05-24-19, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 02:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,

Okay that's great. So if I already have a ST70 Control head, I would need a flux compass and SPX10 computer to complete the install?

Thanks,
Guylee
06-03-19, 04:49 AM
Dear Guylee,

You would need the SPX10, fluxgate compass and rudder reference transducer. These products are no longer produced or supported by us. The rudder reference transducer is still available and the part number is M81105.

Our current product is the EV1 system, please take a look on our website here.

Many Thanks
Louise