Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Power cable for Quantum
06-13-19, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-19 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Power cable for Quantum
Chuck,

I'm sorry I didn't see your reply sooner. I thought I had e-mail notification turned on but must not have.

I have a new wrinkle though. Without dragging the description out into a lengthy tome, I'll just say that my new radar arch looks like it may pose some issues if I use the Y adapter and the combined cable (because of where the longish junction pieces on the Y adapter end up as they exit the dome combined with my arch details).

If I run two cables, then no Y adapter junctions, and this may end up working better in the area where it exits the bottom of the Q24C and goes into my arch because although it would be two cables, they would be making that transition in an uninterrupted section(s) of plain cabling vs. the longer stiff junction of the Y adapter and the combined single cable being at the aft end of the dome.

But I still also have to consider the diameter of the cables and the connectors vis-a-vis the entry [censored] in the arch tubing. I looked up your page listing cable diameters and am not sure I have it (or the whole scheme) right. So could I confirm the following options and dimensions?

Option A:
1) The supplied Quantum power cable (A80309) will have bare ends going into the arch/boat. The cable diameter will be....?"

2) A Raynet to Raynet cable would be the second cable. If I only need 5 meters this would be A80005, and would measure as follows:

- cable diameter: 0.230"
- RayNet plug diameter: 0.710"
- RayNet plug length: 1.680

Option B:

1) The A80308 Y connector

2) The A80277 Quantum data cable. I can't find the specs as far as the diameter of the cable and diameters and lengths of the end pieces. Can you help me with that? Is it the same as below? Somehow I'm not sure this is the same thing, but it's from your dimensions post:

"Digital Radar Cables are available in RayNet (F) plug or with RJ45 plug. These cables have the following approximate dimensional characteristics:
.25 cabe
- cable diameter: 0.480"
- Digital Radar plug diameter: 0.790"

I think that may not be the Quantum data cable though?

As a reply to my reply, I think my confusion lies in the fact that I can find data for the Digital Radar Cable (that's the combined data and power), and the Raynet to Raynet cable, but I can't find any specific info on the "Quantum Data Cable" and/or how it differs (?) from a Raynet to Raynet cable in function or dimensions. For example, the A80274 vs. the A80005.

On this page I don't find detailed info on the Quantum data cable:
http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=5537
And I don't see it on the helpful cable dimensions page you have on the forum.

Reason I ask:

If I can't make the Y connector and Digital Radar Cable combo fit my installation, then I'll be using the Quantum Power Cable that came with my Q24C and.....the A80274? Or the A80005? Are these interchangeable? If so, does one or the other have one smaller end (for chasing), or?

Thanks again.

Piney Pete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power cable for Quantum - olegreg - 05-17-16, 10:10 AM
RE: Power cable for Quantum - psubill78 - 05-18-16, 05:24 PM
RE: Power cable for Quantum - psubill78 - 05-19-16, 08:21 AM
RE: Power cable for Quantum - psubill78 - 05-19-16, 11:30 AM
RE: Power cable for Quantum - Lazybones - 10-28-16, 11:41 AM
RE: [CA11] Power cable for Quantum - Piney Pete - 06-13-19 03:03 AM