Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Seatalk Failure
05-27-19, 10:51 PM
RE: Seatalk Failure
Hello Chris,

A steady voltage yellow-shield on Seatalk doesn't sound good, but most multimeters, even high-quality ones, are much too slow to show the individual data. You might get somewhere connecting just power to the pilot display and then measuring yellow-shield voltage there as a comparison?

Unless you can borrow another Seatalk device (e.g. a chartplotter) which is capable of talking to either of the other two and listing whether it's communicating or not in its diagnostic page, I don't think you're going to be able to go a lot further with this yourself. I think the options are:
  • borrow a chartplotter, e.g. C/E Classic or C/E-Widescreen, which can diagnose Seatalk traffic
  • replace the pilot complete
  • have a local Raymarine technical service dealer diagnose the issue for you

You can find local service dealers by ticking 'Certified Installation' at http://www.raymarine.com.au/display/?id=911

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Seatalk Failure - blackdog999 - 05-17-19, 12:58 PM
RE: Seatalk Failure - blackdog999 - 05-25-19, 11:17 AM
RE: Seatalk Failure - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-27-19 10:51 PM