Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Problems with v3.9.46
07-17-19, 07:18 AM
RE: [CA11] Problems with v3.9.46
karlista,

There were many odd issues related to the LH3 v3.8.x and v3.9.x software, many of which, were corrected through execution of the Power ON Factory Reset procedure. That said, LH3 v3.10.39 was released today. It is recommended that this software be installed on the system's MFDs and that the Power ON Factory Reset procedure then be executed to correct the reported behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-19, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-19 07:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I will do that Chuck. It took me a few hours to get both Axiom 12 RVX units programmed to the way I wanted including the data windows and I assume all of that will be deleted and I will need to start over again. Is that correct?

Thanks
07-18-19, 07:50 AM
karlista,

I would consider it best to manually reconfigure the equipment. However, the system does feature an option to Save Settings (MY DATA->IMPORT/EXPORT->SAVE SETTINGS ... and SAVE MY DATA). Following the Power ON Factory Reset, these settings and data may be retrieved from the microSD memory card. Detailed information concerning this feature and the settings which are saved may be found within Chapter 5.8: My Data of the LightHouse 3.9 Advanced Operation Instructions.
07-21-19, 10:09 PM
Chuck, this weekend I installed v3.10 and then successfully performed a power on reset. I did not reload my way points. I am still getting the same "invalid command" message on the Axiom Pro RVX 12 when I try to switch auto pilot mode from track to power steering. Interesting, when I turn off the Axiom Pro RVX 12, then I can successfully switch auto pilot mode from track to power steering. What do I do now?

Thanks
07-25-19, 11:04 AM
Doug,

Thanks for confirming that a rudder reference transducer (Teleflex SmartStick) had been interfaced to the autopilot's ACU. A corresponding problem report has been logged to seek correction of this issue within a future LightHouse 3 software update.
07-25-19, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 07:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck for the feedback. For right now, I will leave the auto pilot in "Track" mode until the bug is fixed.
07-26-19, 07:46 AM
Doug,

One final question, I would normally expect use of Power Steering mode in conjunction with Auto mode rather than Track (i.e. autopilot steers course line associated with chartplotter navigation (a Go To Waypoint / Cursor Position or Follow Route)). Please confirm whether you are seeking to utilize Power Steering mode in conjunction with Track mode.
07-26-19, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 08:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, I do not use power steer in conjuntion with going to a waypoint or following a track. I only use power steer while autopilot in engage in auto only so I can just steer with the boat with the p70R. Thanks.
07-29-19, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the clarification.
07-29-19, 01:29 PM
Chuck: Something odd occured this weekend on the Axiom 12 RVX. In settings, it is now showing I have 7 fuel tanks. After the power on reset, I set it for 2 fuel tanks. When I go to tank settings, I am unable to change the number of tanks and the refresh button doesn't seem to work. Thanks.