Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Navionics Chart Data will not load and MFD reboots
05-19-19, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 01:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Navionics Chart Data will not load and MFD reboots
I have 2 Axiom 12" displays and 1 9" Axiom Pro, networked together all with the 3.9.46 software version. I recently updated my Navionics 637P+, which includes sonarchart shading when you activate sea aerial overlay. The chart loaded as it usually does when I first turned on the MFD with the updated navionics card installed. The aerial overlay was in "land". I switched the aerial overlay to "land and sea" and the MFD attempted to load the chart but ended up freezing the display causing a reboot, which now happens every time I go to the chart app. I have since attempted to switch back to land only but the charts will never upload. I tried a factory reset which did not work. I also tried the card in a non-data master MFD which also did not work. I tried to update the card through navionics in case there was something wrong with the update, that also did not work.

Any ideas what the issue is?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-19, 01:10 PM
RE: [CA11] Navionics Chart Data will not load and MFD reboots
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Robinsonh2o,

Following the release of LightHouse 3 v3.9.46, Raymarine's engineering team has subsequently recommended that a Power On Reset be performed to each MFD following the software update. This differs from the Factory Reset option found within the MFD's user interface. The procedure for performing the Power On Reset may be found within the Performing a Power On Reset - Axiom Pro section of Chapter 20.3: Power up troubleshooting of the LightHouse 3.9 Advanced Operation Instructions. Before doing so, it is recommended that any valuable waypoint, route, or track data stored within the MFD's memory be backed up, as this operation will erase such data and restore the MFD's settings to their factory defaults. Should the problem persist thereafter, then please respond accordingly.
05-21-19, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-19 08:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, Is there a trick to the power on reset? I followed the instructions exactly as directed with no success. Within 60 seconds of power on I could not get either of the 12” Axioms (5 swipes of the power button to the left) or the 9” Pro (holding the back and active button simultaneously) to bring up the screen to start the reset. I even started a stopwatch to ensure I was accomplishing it in the allotted time. I first attempted with only the master powered and then attempted with all 3 on And tried to power on reset the last one powered with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. .
05-22-19, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 01:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Robinsonh2o,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to perform a power on factory reset to Raymarine MFDs. Please note that the procedure which the FAQ specifies for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs differs from that which is presently found within the product documentation for these MFDs.
05-22-19, 06:10 PM
I was successful in accomplishing the power on reset, however I am still having trouble. The same issue exists and the chart card will not load and the screen has a continuous circle trying to load the data. However, the system is not rebooting like it did last time.

Any other ideas?
05-23-19, 08:53 AM
Robinsonh2o,

Does the problem only manifest itself when you switch the aerial overlay to "land and sea"?
05-26-19, 06:02 PM
It happens every time I have the navionics card in and select the chart app no matter what aerial overlay I have selected. I have selected land only and zeroed out the overlay percentage with no luck as well.
05-28-19, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-19 08:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Robinsonh2o,

It is recommended that the chart card be removed from the MFD's reader, inserted into a reader which is connected to or part of a computer, and that the Navionics Chart Installer program then be used to update the chart card with Freshest Data. This action is intended to address the possibility that the issue may be caused by specific data on the chart card. After doing so, should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that
1) that the chart card be ejected,
2) that the logs be erased,
3) that the chart card then be inserted back into the MFD,
4) that the problem be reproduced one time, and
5) that the chart card then be ejected and replaced with a blank microSD memory card.

Then the following data should be collected to permit the engineering team to address the problem:
- a photo of the chart card's label which clearly identifies all information printed ont he chart card.

- the system's Ethernet and SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 device data from the Data Master MFD(HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO->SAVE DATA)

- the MFD's logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE LOGS)

- the MFD's crash logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE MFDS CRASH LOGS)

- the MFD's system logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE SYSTEM LOGS)

Upon receiving this data, a problem report will be logged to investigate the problem using received data and to seek its correction within the next software update.

The aerial overlay feature may be disabled to address the reported issue until corrected within a future LightHouse 3 software update. Alternatively, the system may then be downgraded to LightHouse 3 v3.8.105 to restore operation of the system.
05-28-19, 09:10 PM
Chuck, the latest navionics chartinstaller app has corrected the issue. Thank you for your time in resolving the issue. I appreciate all that you and your team do for us recreational fisherman. Tight lines...
05-29-19, 10:00 AM
You're welcome.