Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot dropping into standby ST7001+
05-29-19, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-19 12:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autopilot dropping into standby ST7001+
My ST7001+ autopilot drops into standby intermittently and without warning. It does this when I’m in auto and also if I’m scrolling through menu options, it shells me out to standby. Sometimes after two minutes, sometimes after 10. I have an S3 course computer

I have load tested the batteries and they are good, I’ve also tested for voltage drop in the back of the display/control and it has less than a 1% drop. What are my next steps?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-19, 12:59 PM
RE: [CA11] Autopilot dropping into standby ST7001+
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bfb1115,

Should the vessel's batteries be fully charged and the vessel be operation under power and the autopilot drops into standby when operating in Auto (not Track) mode, then the reported issue may be indicative of insufficient power in systems featuring a S1/S1G/S2/S2G/S3/S3G autopilot. Insufficient power may result from any of the following:
- depleted batteries - fully charge vessel's batteries and then test the system while under power with the engine(s) charging the electronics batteries
- deteriorated batteries - it has has been noted that the batteries have been load tested
- poor electrical path to autopilot course computer - the power and ground paths should be inspected from the autopilot course computer through any breaker/fuse panels to the batteries and grounding point to ensure that the conductors are in good shape, are free of corrosion, and are tight.
- a failing drive unit - a drive unit which is failing or in need of service may draw excessively high current, causing the reported symptom. Should the first three items listed above have been verified, then it would be recommended that the drive unit be replaced or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply