Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets
08-14-19, 10:40 AM
RE: [TG11] AIS 650 stops displaying targets
Hi
I would like to add my name to the list of AIS700 users that have experienced the same problem. I have my AIS connected to a Classic E80 that has the latest upgrade, albeit a long time ago. I have replaced the Vtronic aerial in case but at the end of the las cruise I could only see targets less than 0.5M and only partial data. I have returned the unit to the supplier who has loaded the latest updates and tested it as OK. I return to install and test it on my boat next week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-19, 01:53 AM
After two weeks of sailing with new (replaced) AIS700.

I did'nt have any issues with dissappearing objects.
I see objects in about 10-14nm range.
05-08-20, 03:27 PM
Problem is back :/

I see targets in about 14-16nm range
but, i see that they are dissapearing again

after i connect PC to USB port and do 'connect' in proais2 - all targets are refreshed and back.

after i disconnect PC - in about 5 minutes targets are getting dissapear.

[censored] this time ?
:(
it was working OK for few months after replace :(
05-13-20, 12:39 AM
Hello kr7,

We found a hardware issue that could cause that sometimes, and possibly through bad luck your replacement AIS both has the earlier hardware revision and has suffered the same uncommon problem. I would suggest getting it checked again to see for sure though. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-13-20, 12:51 AM
How can i compare hardware revision system to see if they can be the same ?
05-13-20, 12:53 AM
What's the serial number of the new unit?

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-13-20, 12:54 AM
New unit E704760880535
05-13-20, 08:38 PM
Hello Kr7,

That unit was built in August 2018, before we found out about this particular problem. I'm sorry to say that it sounds like you need to have it replaced again, with one built later on. Your local Raymarine service centre should be able to make sure that you don't have any further problems.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.