Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Older A57D water temp
05-27-19, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 02:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Older A57D water temp
I have a older 2009+/- A57D unit, can you provide the procedure to add water temperature to the screen, nothing in the owners manual describes the procedure. I can get the data box but no temperature, I actually replaced the P58 transducer thinking it was bad....but same issue with the new one.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-19, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-19 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Older A57D water temp
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

The Sea Temperature data item may be added to the Databar of an A-Series Classic MFD by performing the following:
- press the MENU button
- use the trackpad to highlight DATABAR SETUP and then press the right arrow on the trackpad
- use the trackpad to highlight CONFIGURE and then press the right arrow on the trackpad
- press the ADD DATA function key
- use the trackpad to highlight the ENVIRONMENT data group and then press the right arrow on the trackpad
- use the trackpad to highlight the SEA TEMP data item and then press the right arrow on the trackpad to highlight NUMERIC
- press the OK button repeatedly until all dialogs are closed
06-04-19, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-19 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Thanks for the reply, however, your steps get me to the same place I was I can display the data box but get no water temperature...is there something else to turn on? Thanks
Rick
06-04-19, 09:07 AM
Rick,

Is the value reported for Sea Temp dashed? If so, what model of transducer has been interfaced to the A57D? Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the model of fishfinder transducer may be identified.
06-07-19, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-19 10:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
The value for the Sea Temp is dashed. I looked at the link you gave, when I go to Transducer setup it allows me to select the P58 transducer that I have.......still no water temperature.

Thanks
Rick
06-10-19, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-19 10:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rick,

As the P58 features a temperature thermistor, this transducer has been selected within the MFD's Fishfinder settings, please additionally be certain set the Speed Transducer selection to UNKNOWN. Should the Sea Temp data item remain dashed thereafter, then it would indicate a fault within the transducer or within the fishfinder circuitry of the A57D itself. As indicated within the FAQ found here, the transducer's thermistor may be tested by measuring its resistance. The schematic for the A57D is shown below (resistance measured across the ground and thermistor pins:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3142]

Unfortunately, Raymarine can no longer service A-Series Classic MFDs. Should no fault be found with the transducer and this data item be critical, then it would be necessary to replace the MFD. In this case, it would be recommended that an Axiom 7 DV MFD and an A80484 Adapter Cable for the P58 transducer be used to replace an A50D/A57D/A70D MFD.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)