Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Heading "red" vector line not correct E120W
05-28-19, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 03:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Heading "red" vector line not correct E120W
The heading "red" vector line on my E120W does not show a correct heading. Instead of showing a straight line directly in front of the boat icon, the red line is about 20 degrees off to port. If I head directly to buoy, the red line will not intersect with the buoy, but be off to port. The "green" vector line and the position the chart shows are all correct, as is every other function. I have tried to turn the boat in opposite circles as per the manual, but it does not help.
The satellite screen shows many satellites being received and the unit is getting a proper "fix".
Last year a similar problem occurred with my E90W which had been set as a master. I re wired my E120W so it could be used as a master and last year it worked perfectly. When I started to use the boat this spring, I started to notice this problem on the E120W.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-19, 03:51 PM
RE: [CA11] Heading "red" vector line not correct E120W
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Andrew,

In a nutshell, this symptom is indicative of a problem with device which is suppling heading data to the system. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
06-04-19, 09:41 AM
I have found the source of the problem, I had inadvertently stored a spare alternator in the compartment next to the fluxgate compass. All is now correct.

Thank you Chuck for your help. Your FAQ's are really helpful!
06-04-19, 09:59 AM
You're welcome.