Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Installing ng Network with Existing Instruments
06-03-19, 10:12 AM
RE: [CA11] Installing ng Network with Existing Instruments
Mark,

Q. It was my understanding that the Raymarine i70s can act as a bridging device between the ST60 instruments and the ng backbone. I have shown that with a SeaTalk to Seatalk ng converter cable from the ST60 instruments to the i70s, with a spur cable going from the i70s to the 5-way converter using the white connection port. With this clarification, will the integration work as shown?
A. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated therein, Raymine's i50/i60/i70/i70S instruments and p70S/p70RS/p70/p70R autopilot control heads feature communications circuitry which will permit these devices to support either SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications or SeaTalk communications ... BUT NOT BOTH SIMULTANEOUSLY. For maximum performance and features, would typically be recommended that an i70/i70S MFID be interfaced as shown to a spur socket within the system's backbone. If this recommendation is followed, then the SeaTalk bus connected to the ST60 instruments should then be connected to the yellow socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter shown within you diagram.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Installing ng Network with Existing Instruments - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-03-19 10:12 AM