Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] replacing A70D multi
05-31-19, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-19 04:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] replacing A70D multi
My A70D GPS/Depth powered-up this spring to the 1st screen and then just started flashing, it won't power down or respond to "factory reset" first soft key/power or any controls. If it's shot (I don't know why) what current Raymarine unit is similar to the A70D; I can change the power wiring but not the transducer without haulout.
Jim Hart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-19, 04:53 PM
RE: [CA11] replacing A70D multi
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

It is recommended that any chart card be ejected from the MFD's memory card reader and that the MFD be tested again. Should the problem persist and the batteries be in good working order, then it is recommended that the power and ground connections be tested from the MFD's power cable, through any breaker/fuse panel/bus bar to the battery terminals to ensure that all leads are free of corrosion, are tight, and provide good continuity. If so, and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that an Axiom DV 7 MFD be purchased to replace the A70D. The Axiom DV 7 may be adapted (via the A80484 Adapter Cable) for use with the A70D's transducer.
06-14-19, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-19 02:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
We are purchasing a 2012 with an A70D that may be on its way out. If the Axiom 7 DV can be used, does that mean I can also use the 9 or 12”?

Thanks so much!
Lee
06-17-19, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-19 02:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lee,

Q. If the Axiom 7 DV can be used, does that mean I can also use the 9 or 12”?
A. If interested in a larger Axiom MFD and seeking fishfinder features, the A70D may be replaced with Axiom RV 9/12 MFD. If interested in a larger Axiom MFD but not seeking fishfinder features, the A70D may be replaced with Axiom 9/12 MFD. Axiom DV MFDs are only offered in a 7" screen size.