Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Log and speed inop
06-10-19, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-19 01:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Log and speed inop
After I put the boat on the water in the spring, I noticed that my log and speed are inop. I am still trying to resolve the issue, but haven't quite got there yet.

Initially the i70 did not display any log or speed values, just a blank screen. Then all of the sudden (with no maintenance done...) it started to display the log value, trip value and speed value, but now the speed reads as zero and log/trip does not increase. This makes me suspect the ST800 that is connected to the ITC-5 is the source of the problem (although it does not explain why the readings were originally blank).

At some point I am sure I am going to get that fixed, but then the issue is the log values. First of all, where is it stored ? Is it the ST800 or the i70 that knows that the boat has travelled 1700+ NM. For now I've kept the "right" log values in my log book (I pull each trip length from the GPS log on my Axiom) manually, so there is an offset accumulating all the time. Can this be fixed once I get the transducer issue resolved ? Or am I doomed to have a wrong log reading from now on ?

I do know that you cannot easily adjust the odometer in a car ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-19, 07:11 AM
RE: [DG11] Log and speed inop
Hi PetriS

Thankyou for your enquiry,

The Log, ( odometer) reading is derived from the speed transducer and so if the paddlewheel is not rotating or faulty, then the log will not update either.

Please check the connections into the itc5, where is the screen, ( shield or bare wire from the DST800) connected to?
The Screen of the DST800 t should only be connected to the Screen connection of the depth connectors in the ITC5. If you have a separate Speed and Depth transducer, then ignore this suggestion!

Unfortunately, there is no way to manually modify the log reading, which is held in the iITC5.

Thanks
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply