Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] MDS issues
06-10-19, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-19 01:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] MDS issues
I have been using my depth sounder through my ITC-5 for a while but it would give very sporadic readings which could be very unnerving. As i have an Echosounder built into my (Simrad) chartplotter i would like to use the depth generated from that. I am monitoring my n2k network and i can see the chart plotter placing the information on there but when i try to select an alternative data source on my i70s i get the warning about 'source selection not possible'. The manual says to remove 3rd party products from the network but of course the data source is from a 3rd party product. I have tried temporarily removing the itc-5 from the network so that the chartplotter is the only depth sounder on the network but still no joy, Is there really not any way to force a Raymarine device to use data from a 3rd party product?

Thanks
Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-19, 06:48 AM
RE: [DG11] MDS issues
Hi Chris,

Thankyou for your enquiry.

Can you check waht other products are connected into the network too? Once the itc5 is removed, (assuming the depth transducer is connected to it) then the simrad should broadcast depth around the network. If it does not, this suggests the data is being blocked by some other source, maybe a old software in an STng to SeaTalk converter, SPX course computer, Airmar weather station etc . . .

Regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply