Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Wind Sensor Cable Test
06-10-19, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-19 01:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Wind Sensor Cable Test
I had to recently replace an ST60 wind instrument with an i60 instrument. Both the masthead transducer and the instrument gauge were bad. I have the new masthead unit and the new gauge ready to install, but I first want to test the cable to make sure that it does not need to be replaced. I have not been able to identify a protocol for testing just the cable. The mast is currently off the boat, so the cable cannot be connected to the boat power. Thanks for any and all help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-19, 01:27 PM
RE: [CA11] Wind Sensor Cable Test
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jagilbert16,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Testing the masthead and cable would be accomplished by shorting two leads of the cable together an then testing for continuity between the corresponding pins of the masthead. Testing should also verify that there is no continuity with the other pins of the masthead. The procedure would be repeated until all leads of the wind transducer cable have been tested. Naturally, this procedure will be a bit easier with two people.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply