The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Autopilot/system cabling questions
06-11-19, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-19 08:11 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Autopilot/system cabling questions
Good afternoon,
I have been slowly troubleshooting an issue with my autopilot. Originally it was oscillating about 12" to port and then immediately the same distance to starboard, back and forth. I rebuilt the hydraulic cylinder and it no longer does that but goes hard over upon pushing the 'auto' button on the P70.

So far in the process I have updated the autopilot components to the newest software versions successfully but still need to update the Stng converter and the RS130. I have attached a diagram of the current wiring and hoped you could take a look at it to see if I am on the right track. In reading other threads in the forum I plan to change the current configuration by installing a power bus which will provide power to the ACU, the Stng backbone and the ST60 instruments individually and turn off the ACU power out switch (currently powering everything). I also read that I should cut and isolate the red wire in the splice from the ST60's.

Other than feedback on the diagram my other questions are:
1. Should I cut the red wire in the current splice and leave the bare to bare wires and the yellow to yellow wires attached as shown?

2. In adding separate power to the ST60's what is the correct colors of wire to connect to each other and the power bus?

My current equipment is:
P70, V3.08
ACU 400, V2.23
EV1, V3.02
R130, V2.20
Stng Converter, V1.21
E120 Classic, V5.69
E80 Classic, V5.69
(3) ST60+

Thanks, you guys have been a great help so far!!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Instrument Schematic_0001.pdf (Size: 659.68 KB / Downloads: 277)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] Autopilot/system cabling questions - Kmac - 06-11-19 11:47 AM