Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Autopilot/system cabling questions
07-17-19, 12:31 PM
RE: [DG11] Autopilot/system cabling questions
Hi Derek,
Thanks for getting back to me! You are a great help.

I will make the change to the variation in the P70 when I get back to the boat. I think it is currently set for 'auto'.

The rudder reference is correct, the p70 shows a steady turn red to starboard and then green when I turn the helm to port. It also turns the helm properly during the dockside calibration test. I have attempted to test the motor leads by the method you describe but as soon as I push 'auto' on the P70, the helm goes hardover. I have not attempted to push the +(-)10 buttons on the P70 as the helm is turning or hard over, should I try that? I did physically try interchanging the motor leads on the ACU400 and the motor was very erratic, oscillating back and forth kind of violently so I thought they were probably correct and put them back the way they were.

I wonder if you could elaborate on the setup, why do you feel it would be more reliable? Your description was very similar with the way the system was wired originally. I am not sure how you would power the ST60's but originally it was powered through the spice, red wire connected, to the yellow Stlk-Stlkng converter and the 3 daisy chained ST60's. The E120 was connected to the open port of the last ST60.

I changed the setup because of a post I read from last year, http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.ph...=39#pid39.
What are your thoughts between the two setups?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] Autopilot/system cabling questions - Kmac - 07-17-19 12:31 PM